3 on 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- Are there special rules? Yes. The intent of the 3 on 3 leagues is to have as much continuous play as possible with as little rules and play stoppage as reasonably possible.
- Will there be offsides? There are no offsides in the 3 on 3 leagues or tournaments.
- Is this a no check league? Yes. Absolutely no checking will be allowed!
- What division should my team or child play in? All the 3 on 3 league divisions are age specific. Please view the requirements before registering an individual or team. We reserve the right to move teams or individuals to a level more suited for their skill level.
- How many players per team? You are required to roster a minimum of 6 skaters plus 1 goalie.
- Will the goalies be used? Yes. Each team is required to have 1 goalie with an option of a 2nd at all levels.
- What is the format for each game? Each 3 on 3 game is 26 minutes running time for all levels.
- How long are the shifts? All shifts will be sixty (60) second shifts.
- Do we need coaches/parents on the bench? Yes. All teams will be required to have at least one coach/parent on the bench.
USA Hockey Registration:
- All participants must register on-line with USA Hockey at www.usahockey.com and you must enter a valid USA Hockey Confirmation Number at the time of registration.
- All participants are required to pay the USA Hockey Registration Fee of $53 (birth year 2013 and after are FREE).
The 2019-2020 season registration is valid through August 31, 2020.
HECC approved helmet with an expiration date on the sticker, USA Hockey approved face mask, hockey stick, shoulder pads, hockey pants, protective gloves, elbow pads, knee/shin pads, hockey skates and neck guard.
2020 Darien Sportsplex 3 on 3 Hockey League Features:
- 20 league games (two games per night)
- Team Jerseys
League Starts: June 15, 2020
League Ends: August 6, 2020
- Registration can be completed as an individual or as a team
- Teams must choose if they are registering as a Travel or In-House team
- Individuals must state their highest level of play (Example: Squirt Central States)
- Teammate Requests: If registering as an individual, any teammate requests must be sent to Bobby at firstname.lastname@example.org
- House plays Monday & Wednesday
- Travel plays Tuesday & Thursday
- Team Fee: $1,650
- Individual Fee: $220
- Registration Deadline: 6/8
- SILVER MITES: 2014 and 2015 birth years
- MITES: 2012 and 2013 birth years
- SQUIRTS: 2010 and 2011 birth years
- PEEWEES: 2008 and 2009 birth years
- BANTAMS: 2006 and 2007 birth years
- MIDGETS: 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2005 birth years
Our summer program registration is open now! Regarding the District's response to the global coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, our office hours are very limited for the time being but you have 4 ways to register for the programs:
If you have registered programs at the Darien Park District/Darien Sportsplex before, and you need your User ID and password, please email email@example.com
If this is your first time to register programs, more information
Mail filled out, signed registration forms along with payment to:
451 Plainfield Road, Darien, IL 60561
Drop off completed registration forms along with payment at the Darien Sportsplex, 451 Plainfield Road, Darien, IL 60561. A drop-box is located outside the main entrance.
Send your registration form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Once we process your registration, we will send you a confirmation. Please allow a few days for the processing of your registration. Thank you for your patience!
More questions: please please email Bobby at email@example.com or call 630-789-6864.