3 on 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- Are there special rules? Yes. The intent of the 3 on 3 leagues is to have as much continuous play as possible with as little rules and play stoppage as reasonably possible.
- Will there be offsides? There are no offsides in the 3 on 3 leagues or tournaments.
- Is this a no check league? Yes. Absolutely no checking will be allowed!
- What division should my team or child play in? All the 3 on 3 league divisions are age specific. Please view the requirements before registering an individual or team. We reserve the right to move teams or individuals to a level more suited for their skill level.
- How many players per team? You are required to roster a minimum of 6 skaters plus 1 goalie.
- Will the goalies be used? Yes. Each team is required to have 1 goalie with an option of a 2nd at all levels.
- What is the format for each game? Each 3 on 3 game is 26 minutes running time for all levels.
- How long are the shifts? All shifts will be sixty (60) second shifts.
- Do we need coaches/parents on the bench? Yes. All teams will be required to have at least one coach/parent on the bench.
USA Hockey Registration:
- All participants must register on-line with USA Hockey at www.usahockey.com and you must enter a valid USA Hockey Confirmation Number at the time of registration.
- All participants are required to pay the USA Hockey Registration Fee of $53 (birth year 2012 and after are FREE).
The 2018-2019 season registration is valid through August 31, 2019.
HECC approved helmet with an expiration date on the sticker, USA Hockey approved face mask, hockey stick, shoulder pads, hockey pants, protective gloves, elbow pads, knee/shin pads, hockey skates and neck guard.
2019 Darien Sportsplex 3 on 3 Hockey League Features:
- 20 league games (two games per night)
- Team Jerseys
League Starts: June 17, 2019 (the starting date has been changed to 6/17 from 6/10)
League Ends: August 8, 2019
- Team Fee: $1,575
- Individual Fee: $210
- Two games per night, Monday thru Thursday.
- No games: 7/1 - 7/4
- Registration Deadline: Sunday, 6/9
- SILVER MITES: 2013 and 2014 birth years
- MITES: 2011 and 2012 birth years
- SQUIRTS: 2009 and 2008 birth years
- PEEWEES: 2007 and 2008 birth years
- BANTAMS: 2005 and 2006 birth years
- MIDGETS: 2001, 2002, 2003 and 2004 birth years
More questions: please email Kathy at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 630-789-6666 x206