Our developmental all-inclusive program features a new curriculum and is designed to prepare your child mentally and emotionally for kindergarten, making the transition as comfortable as possible. All children participate in a Fit Kids program designed to encourage fitness awareness & improve large motor development. On-line registration is not available for preschool.
Requirements for all FIRST STEP PRE-SCHOOL programs:
- A physical is required for all NEW children which must take place after March 1, 2017 including TB test, lead screening & varicella (chicken pox) vaccine.
- Children must be out of diapers and pull-ups.
- For safety purposes, children must be able to understand English.
- A $50 non-refundable registration fee and a copy of the child’s birth certificate will reserve a spot.
- A copy of a current tax bill is required for proof of residency.
- 3 Year Olds (Must turn 3 on or before 9/1/17) - Program provides activities in an environment that will ease the parent/child separation.
- 4 Year Olds (Must turn 4 on or before 9/1/17) - Program exposes the child to a variety of cognitive activities and projects while building fine motor skills.
- Pre-K (Must turn 4 on or before 9/1/17) - Class is designed to prepare children for a 5 day-a-week Kindergarten curriculum.
- Add-a-Friday Add-a-Friday is for children enrolled in the Little Learners or the Tuesday/Thursday 3 year old program. By adding this extra day, you can make your child’s program 3 days per week.
- Extend-a-Day Preschool - This program is for children age 3, 4 & Pre-K students that are enrolled in our preschool. It is designed to include enrichment of basic skills allowing more student/teacher interaction. The curriculum includes: music, art, computer/iPad time & academics including literacy, early math skills, basic science & social studies concepts and fine & large motor activities. Children must bring their lunch daily.
- Little Learners - This academically motivated program is structured similar to the 3 & 4 year old preschool classes. Circle time, daily projects, storytime, colors, shapes, name recognition, songs and development of social skills combined with gym class makes this program a great prequel to preschool. You can optimize your child’s experience by signing up for "Add-a-Friday" program too.
Questions: please contact Jean Starshak, Preschool Director at 630-968-6400 x104 or email@example.com
The following are forms for current preschool families:
Click here to download more information about the following Early Childhood Preschool programs:
First Step Pre-School Open House:
- Wednesday, June 14, 6:00-7:30pm
- Wednesday, July 12, 6:00-7:30pm
- Wednesday, August 12, 6:00-7:30pm
Registration forms may be faxed to (630)968-7844 or dropped off or mailed to Darien Park District Community Center, 7301 Fairview Avenue, Darien, IL 60561.
Click here to download: Registration form