Our developmental all-inclusive program features a new curriculum and is designed to prepare your child mentally and emotionally for kindergarten, making the transition as comfortable as possible. All children participate in a Fit Kids program designed to encourage fitness awareness & improve large motor development. On-line registration is not available for preschool.
Requirements for all FIRST STEP PRE-SCHOOL programs:
- A physical is required for all NEW children which must take place after March 1, 2018 including TB test, lead screening & varicella (chicken pox) vaccine.
- Children must be out of diapers and pull-ups.
- For safety purposes, children must be able to understand English.
- A $50 non-refundable registration fee and a copy of the child’s birth certificate will reserve a spot.
- A copy of a current tax bill is required for proof of residency.
- 3 Year Olds (Must turn 3 on or before 9/1/2018) - Program provides activities in an environment that will ease the parent/child separation.
- 4 Year Olds (Must turn 4 on or before 9/1/2018) - Program exposes the child to a variety of cognitive activities and projects while building fine motor skills.
- Pre-K (Must turn 4 on or before 9/1/2018) - Class is designed to prepare children for a 5 day-a-week Kindergarten curriculum.
- Add-a-Friday Add-a-Friday is for children enrolled in the Little Learners or the Tuesday/Thursday 3 year old program. By adding this extra day, you can make your child’s program 3 days per week.
- Extend-a-Day Preschool - This program is for children age 3, 4 & Pre-K students that are enrolled in our preschool. It is designed to include enrichment of basic skills allowing more student/teacher interaction. The curriculum includes: music, art, computer/iPad time & academics including literacy, early math skills, basic science & social studies concepts and fine & large motor activities. Children must bring their lunch daily.
- Little Learners - This academically motivated program is structured similar to the 3 & 4 year old preschool classes. Circle time, daily projects, storytime, colors, shapes, name recognition, songs and development of social skills combined with gym class makes this program a great prequel to preschool. You can optimize your child’s experience by signing up for "Add-a-Friday" program too.
- Two's Day ay School - An introduction to socialization is the primary focus of this program. Children who have had limited opportunity to play and interact with other children will benefit the most from this class. If your child is ready for school but just isn’t potty trained yet, this class is for you. We will accept children in diapers or pull-ups, but should your child have an accident and require changing, we will contact you and you’ll need to come and change them. Crafts, circle time & snack will be mixed in with a morning of FUN activities!! The first day of class is a parent meeting so please plan on attending. A copy of the child’s birth certificate is required at the time of registration.
Questions: please contact Jean Starshak, Preschool Director at 630-968-6400 x104 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The following are forms for current preschool families:
Click here to download more information about the following Early Childhood Preschool programs:
First Step Preschool 2018-2019 Registration
Current students & their siblings can register beginning January 15, 2018
New students can register: January 22, 2018(R), January 29, 2018(NR)
Registration forms may be faxed to (630)968-7844 or dropped off or mailed to Darien Park District Community Center, 7301 Fairview Avenue, Darien, IL 60561.
Click here to download: Registration form