Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Updates
This webpage is used to provide Darien Park District patrons with up-to-date information and resources regarding the District's response to the global coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. Please continue to check back for updates.
Status of Programs/Cancellations
- As of Wednesday, March 18th all programs and events will be cancelled. As of right now we are hopeful to resume classes and programs on April 6th.
- The Community Center is closed to the public until further notice.
The Darien Park District will work with the necessary local agencies to monitor the situation as it pertains to us and our programs, events and facilities. Please make note of the following updates:
Consistent with our mission, the Darien Park District is taking steps to keep its facilities and guests healthy:
- District facilities continue to be cleaned daily
- We make disinfecting wipes available at our facilities and encourage their use to clean fitness equipment
- Program participants are encouraged to wash hands while participating in programs
- Preschool and childcare spaces and toys are cleaned regularly
You Can Help!
Program participants and facility guests are asked to help stop the spread of germs by practicing good hygiene. Please:
- Stay home when you are sick
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Cover your cough or sneeze with your elbow or a tissue
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surface
Thank you for helping the Darien Park District promote a healthy community!