Our childcare service is available to patrons who are participating in park district programs or working out in our Fitness Center.
Age limits: Six months to twelve years old.
This service is available Monday thru Friday from 7:00am-Noon & 4:00-6:00pm by reservation only (in the event that there aren't enough children signed up to offer the service, we may need to close the Childcare Room earlier than stated). Reservations are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis and must be made at least one (1) day in advance, either in person at the Fitness Center or by calling 630-968-6400. Please be on time. If you cannot make it, please cancel your reservation to open the time slot for someone else.
To ensure a safe & comfortable environment for your children, we request that you please honor the following policies:
- Parents must be on the premises and readily available to the
staff at ALL times while children are in childcare.
- Bring the child with a freshly changed diaper. The staff is NOT
permitted to change diapers. If a child’s diaper needs to be
changed, the parent will be paged to come and do it.
- Children with runny noses, fever, coughs, colds, questionable
rashes or other contagious diseases will not be allowed into the
Child Care Room until ALL symptoms are gone.
- For health and safety reasons, no food or drinks are allowed into
the Child Care Room, except infant bottles or spill-proof cups
for toddlers. Everything should be marked clearly with the
- So as not to upset other children, a parent will be asked to
remove their child from childcare if the child continues to cry for
more than a 15-minute period of time. This will be necessary only
when the staff has exhausted all efforts to comfort the child.
- A parent may be interrupted and pulled from their workout if the
child is misbehaving and not obeying the childcare staff. Any
child who continues to be a behavioral problem will not be
allowed to use the Child Care Room in the future.
- Children are to wash their hands upon entering and leaving the
- Each child must have a waiver signed by a parent or guardian on
file at the child care room on or before their first visit.
- Our caretakers are not licensed day care providers. They have,
however, undergone employment and police background checks
to ensure the safety of the children.
- Infants younger than 6 months may be brought to Aerobics
classes in their infant carrier. Parents must assume full
responsibility for the baby and take the baby out of class
it the baby starts crying.
- Please check in & pay at the Fitness Center before bringing your
child down to the Child Care Room. There is a minimum charge
of 1 hour per visit. Each child may be placed in childcare
for no more than two hours at a time.
Signing in and out of Childcare:
Parents will be asked to sign each child into childcare, including the name of the child, the date, child’s age, time in and signature. In addition, a picture ID such as a Fitness Center membership card or driver’s license must be left with the staff. When a parent finishes their workout and returns for their child, the child must be signed out and the ID will be returned. This is to ensure the safety of the children.
$4 per/hr (R) $5 per/hr (NR)
10 Visit Card: $35 (R) $45 (NR)
20 Visit Card: $65 (R) $85 (NR)
40 Visit Card: $120 (R) $160 (NR)